Every woodcarver needs sharp tools and an efficient space to work. So, if you've been thinking about setting up a workshop at home to maintain and store your tools, or need to organize the one you have, the Woodcarver's Guide to Sharpening Tools and Setting Up Shop will provide you with all the information you need.
Compiled from the best articles of Woodcarving Illustrated, you will find expert tips, tricks, and instruction from such trusted contributors as Roger Schroeder, Lora Irish, and Jack Kochan. Plus, you'll get a peek inside the elite workshops of wildfowl carver Ed Legg and master wood sculptor Ernest Szentgyorgyi to find out how these craftsmen organize their spaces.
Inside Woodcarver's Guide to Sharpening Tools and Setting Up Shop, you'll also discover:
- How to make tool and material holders, workbenches, carving boards,
and dust collectors
- The ins and outs of using and storing glues, sandpaper, clamps and other holding devices
- Information on keeping a wide variety of carving knives and tools razor sharp.
- How to set-up a complete finishing station
- Tips on how to organize your workshop on a budget