You might have noticed when you received your order that the shipping box it came in looked a little used. In effort to reduce waste Peachtree Woodworking Supply, Inc is recycling boxes and packaging material as much as possible. We are proud to do our small but important part in helping our environment.
DID YOU KNOW:
Recycling saves energy and resources
- For every ton of paper made from recycled materials saves 17 trees, 6.953 gallons of water, 463 gallons of oil, 587 pounds of air pollution, 3.06 cubic yards of landfill space, and 4,077 kilowatt hours of energy.
- In one year, recycling allows aluminum companies to save the equivalent of more than 19 million barrels of oil – enough energy to supply electricity to about 18 million households for a year.
- Recycling one glass bottle or jar saves enough electricity to light a 100-watt bulb for four hours.
- Recycling one pound of steel can power a 60-watt light bulb for more than a day.
- Recycling one ton of plastic saves the equivalent of 1,000 – 2,000 gallons of gasoline
Recycling Decreases Pollution
- Making cars from recycling aluminum decreases related air pollution by 95 percent.
- Making recycled paper generates 74 percent less air pollution and 35 percent less water pollution, and uses 64 percent less energy than making paper from virgin timber.
Recycling decreases tree cutting
- If all morning newspapers in the US were recycled for one day, the equivalent of 41,000 trees would be saved and 6 million tons of waste would never end up in landfills.
- Every person in the US receives junk mail that represents the equivalent of 1-1/2 trees a year. If only 100,000 people stopped their junk mail, as many as 150,000 trees annually would not be cut down for paper productions. (One tree can filter up to 60 pounds of pollutants from the air each year). To remove your name from junk mail lists, contact:
Mail Preference Service
Direct Marketing Association
PO Box 9008
Farmingdale, NY 11735-9008
Recycling reduces reliance on imported oil
- Motor oil never wears out, it just gets dirty. Oil can be recycled, re-refined, and used again, reducing our reliance on imported oil.
Recycling reduces our reliance on landfills
- Recycling creates jobs and economic development.
- Home recycling deverts tons of materials from landfills daily.
- The recycling industry supports 4.3% or more jobs in many states.
- The average wage paid in the recycling industry is +$36,00.00 per year.